Wednesday 9 June 2010

Knitting

I've always enjoyed knitting. It's hard work at first but great fun once you get going. While everyone is agonising over which Wu Tang Clan CD to buy for little Scott's birthday I knit him something, it's worth it just to see the look of contempt on his fat pink face. I was going to try and get in the Guinness Book of Records for knitting the longest scarf in the world but it would have taken ages so I didn't bother.

Living on a farm next to a badminton centre means most of my time is spent milking cows or picking up shuttlecocks. Isn't shuttlecock a funny word? Actually I find any word with 'cock' in it amusing. I once thought of changing my name to Terry Bigcock.

These last few days have made me realise how lucky I am to be a freemason. Wearing antlers can be tiresome but it's easy to get planning permission and I haven't paid a parking fine in years!

No comments: